November 13, 2022
Hundreds of people received a helping hand Saturday during a Thanksgiving food distribution in Gonzalez.
Rep. Michelle Salzman, with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, Ascend Performance Materials, International Paper, Florida Power & Light, Farm Share, The Butcher Shoppe, State Farm (Tyler Kercher), Gonzalez United Methodist Church, and many other community members sponsored the event.
For more photos, click or tap here.
Over 40 volunteers gave away boxes of food to almost 500 families, along with 320 chickens plus Thanksgiving goodies, and 300 Walmart gift cards.
Vehicles began to line up about 5 a.m. for the 30,000 pound distribution at the Gonzalez United Methodist Church.
NorthEscambia.com photos, click to enlarge.
One Response to “Thanksgiving Food Distribution Held, Benefiting About 500 Families (With Gallery)”
So happy to see so many businesses, state legislators, our local sheriff department, and church folks come together to organize and distribute food for those in need…this is the season to be grateful for what one has and share with those who are less fortunate…THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!
Have a comment on this story?
We welcome your comments on this story, but there are some rules to follow::
(1) Be Nice. No comments that slander another, no racism, no sexism, no personal attacks.
(2) No Harrassing Comments. If someone says something bad about you, don’t respond. That’s childish.
(3) No Libel. That’s saying something is not true about someone. Don’t do it.
(4) Keep it clean. Nothing vulgar, obscene or sexually related. No profanity or obvious substitutions. Period.
(5) NorthEscambia.com reserves the right to remove any comments that violate our rules or we think to be inappropriate. We are not responsible for what is posted. Comments may not appear right away until they are approved by a moderator.
(6) Limit your comments to the subject in this story only, and limit comments to 300 words or less. Do not post copyrighted material. Comments will not be added to stories that are over 30 days old.
(7) No posts may advertise a commercial business or political group, or link to another commercial web site or political site of any kind.
Written by William Reynolds · Filed Under TOP STORIES
Copyright © 2007-2019 NorthEscambia.com · P.O. Box 1207 · Century, FL 32535 · All Rights Reserved. <!– Log in–>